Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sometimes you just lose it

I had a curious occurence in class yesterday. My partner and I began the class, reviewing O waza ju pon and we did fairly well. Then, towards the end of class we began going over specific techniques to work on refining them. I said "hmm, I didn't do #2 that remarkably, let's try that again."

So, I began trying to do it..and fail utterly. I had done it before, albeit not that effectively, but now couldn't even establish a good offbalance with it. I tried numerous times and just couldn't figure out what I was doing differently. I switched to #3 and had the same problem. After quite some time I did manage to reinstill the effectiveness of the third technique..but the second was still lacking.

By the end of the class, I still hadn't quite figured it out. I had somehow simply "lost it." I'm hoping to "find it" again by the monday - as that is when our belt test is scheduled. I've never quite had this issue before where I just suddenly started doing something so incorrectly. I suppose it could also have been Uke's fault, since we were both tired by that time; but I tend to blame myself and examine my own performance before turning an eye to my Uke. I suppose it could also have been because we were tired. We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment